Ways to Volunteer:
Mentoring – Become a positive, consistent voice in the life of a youth as you spend a minimum of 1 hour a week including them in your life, hobbies and interests. These youth don’t need another parent, guardian, teacher or authority figure. They need a non-judgmental, listening ear and genuine interest in their life. Applicants must be 21+ and have a clean record going back 10 years. Please print and fill out the application below if you’re interested in becoming a mentor. Thank you!
Family Support Center – This multi-agency facility on Children’s Village property (1350 W Hanley Ave, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815), serves as a youth assessment center and community resource hub. Volunteers have a variety of different ways to serve alongside the other agencies present:
- Greeter at the front desk.
- Welcome clients and direct them to their appointment.
- Answers referral calls from professionals and members of our community.
- Help clients with the food pantry, clothing closet, laundry facilities and full kitchen.
- Youth/Family Support Specialist.
- Support and encourage clients by helping them connect with local programs and services.
- Follow up with clients and provide ongoing support while they get established with community resources.
- Give assessments (with necessary qualifications).
- Work with clients through Tier 1 assessments.
- Participate in case work with other Family Support Center organizations.
Please send us a message using the form below if you’re interested in volunteering at the Family Support Center. Thank you!
301 Ministries – 301 is a weekly group that meets at Skate Plaza Roller Rink in CDA (unless we’re on a field trip), and focuses on working through and overcoming the barriers to success our at-risk youth are facing. We hang out, share a meal and participate in a group discussion or activity designed to help everyone grow into successful, law-abiding, contributing members of society.
- Volunteer leader helps to facilitate the group and provide correction where needed.
- Provide a meal for 301: We serve the youth and adults a meal every week, and we need folks to help us reduce costs by providing a meal each week. That could be you!
Please send us a message using the form below if you’re interested in volunteering at 301 or providing a meal. Thank you!
Volunteer Chaplain – Minister to the incarcerated juveniles at the Juvenile Detention Center in Coeur d’Alene. Lead group discussions and meet with juveniles one on one when requested. Opportunities are limited, please send us a message using the form below if you are interested in learning more about becoming a chaplain.
If you have any questions about any of the above opportunities please send us a message using the form below. Thank you!